Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wow, I just love that story of the burning bush. I have a photograph in my living room entitled "the burning bush" by Fatali. It reminds me of this story - a story about God's call on the life of Moses. And the call that God has on my own life. I need reminding because I'm not very good at trusting. And when God leads you have to trust in order to follow. I also need to keep reminding myself to "pay attention" and watch out for "the burning bush." The story makes note that Moses had to "turn aside" to go over to the burning bush. It wasn't directly in his path, he had to be looking around. When God leads you have to be paying attention in order to follow. Good on Moses for paying attention. Although it still took a lot of convincing on God's part to get Moses to follow. I'm sure all the excuses seemed logical to Moses. My excuses alway sound logical too. But when God leads you have to submit in order to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment